Animal Health
xClose

Loading ...
Feed Tech
Thursday, May 27, 2010 9:55:56 AM
Print this articleForward this article

Microbiological safety of animal feed

I. cabarkapa, B. Kokic, D.Plavsic, D. Ivanov, J. Levic

Study results show microbiological safety of 100 samples of animal feed. Microbiological safety of analyzed products was evaluated in accordance with the regulations of Serbia (Službeni list SFRJ, 1990).

Out of a total of 100 analyzed samples 8 samples (8%) did not comply with microbiological criteria specified in the Regulations. Non-compliance with microbiological criteria was due to the increased number of total moulds in 5 samples ranging from 350.000 to 885.000 in 1g, and increased number of total bacteria found in 3 samples ranging from 12.000.000-137.000.000 in 1g.

Coagulase positive staphylococci, E. coli, Salmonella i Proteus species were not detected in analyzed samples. Sulphite reducing clostridia were detected in 18 samples, but their number was below the limits prescribed by the Regulation, ranging from 10-800 in 1 g.

For more of the article, please click here

Article made possible through the contribution of Institute for Animal Husbandry, previously published in Biotechnology in Animal Husbandry.

Share this article on FacebookShare this article on TwitterPrint this articleForward this article
Previous
My eFeedLink last read