xClose

Loading ...
Animal Health
xClose

Loading ...
Livestock Production
Friday, May 07, 2010 3:52:50 PM
Print this articleForward this article

A comparison of the growth response of different soybean meals in broiler chicks under energy or amino acid deficient conditions

Dr.S.B. Neoh

Soybean meals of similar proximate analysis have been shown to perform differently in broiler feeding trials. The question is whether the differences can be attributed to higher available amino acids (AA) or higher metabolizable energy (ME) or both.

Three dehulled soybean meals from different origins were used to conduct a broiler chick feeding trial under either low AA or low ME conditions. The results showed that broiler chicks fed the AA deficient diet had significantly better feed conversion ratio than broiler chicks fed the energy deficient diet.

On soybean meal origins, chicks fed the diet using a commercial Malaysian dehulled soybean meal1 had significant higher body weight gain than chicks given diets containing commercial US dehulled soybean meal or commercial Argentinean dehulled soybean meal. No diet by soybean meal origin interactions were detected. This suggests that both available AA and ME content of soybean meals tested were important and contributed to better bird performance.

For more of the article, please click here

Article made possible through the contribution of Soon Soon Oilmills.

Share this article on FacebookShare this article on TwitterPrint this articleForward this article
Previous
My eFeedLink last read